The 5 Hirning's Happenings

My thoughts & happenings in the life of the Hirning's that I want to share with the world...



Tuesday, July 21, 2009

One More Day In Dreary Erie


So guess what? We had planned to go to the beach again today and it rained all day! So no beach for us - I swear something horrible was going to happen to us there that is why God never allowed it to happen! One last day in Erie, where to go for lunch?? Hmmm - that wasn't hard - The Plymouth, again! Boy, I love that place ~ wish I could bottle it up and take it with me everywhere I go! I then drove everyone around to see my old hood. It was rainy and icky so it was pretty blah! We made a stop @ an old friends house to pick up some of my belonging they came across after all these years. We stopped at Whippy Dip, even though the weather was crappy and had yummy ice cream. Headed to Dick's Sporting Goods store we had a coupon on the back of our Seawolves tickets and we actually got Hannah some shoes for school, discounted, mind you and Benjamin a Pittsburgh Steelers hat. We ran to Walmart and stocked up on some groceries for the trip home, got back to Aunt Mary Kay's and got the car cleaned out and kind of ready for the BIG trip the next day - we start to head home! We were going to visit my cousins that evening and say goodbye to the Kunik's. We went to Nunzi's for dinner, which I had never been there before. OMG - it was so delicious and so much food!!!! We then headed to Laurie's and hung out with Laurie, AJ, Tony and Lisa and Briana came over too. It was nice to see them - I wish we would've been able to spend more time with them, but as Dan told me this trip was about my Mercyhurst reunion. There was a lot of my St Bens friends I would've loved to catch up with but even though we were there for 6 days it wasn't enough time! Next time...We drove 285 miles around Erie on our visit!

No comments: