The 5 Hirning's Happenings

My thoughts & happenings in the life of the Hirning's that I want to share with the world...



Tuesday, April 14, 2009

HE Is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!













What a beautiful Easter we had in Missoula this year! Sunny and warmer, I think it was high 50's, I wish a little warmer but we will take what we got!

Friday night we took the kids to the Stations of The Cross at church. What a great reminder for all of us what exactly Easter is about! Benjamin had so many questions about it all and was so relieved when we got to the car and he was able to ask all his questions. Why did God die? Why did we hammer nails into the cross (yes, I held the nail for him while he hammered, very scary!)? It was awesome! I'm glad we took the time to do it!

Easter morning I heard Benjamin get up. Awhile later he came in our room and whispered "mom, can I sweep with you?". He got in bed with me and then was done whispering - he told me about all the "really cool things" the Easter Bunny brought him. And how the EB brought Emily the movie Mamma Mia. He wanted everyone to get up, I told him to got let Sadie out of her kennel. She'll wake everyone up! Well she did and the girls came up and were ready to go thru their "bakskets" (as Benjamin calls them). Daddy kept sleeping but Benjamin finally went in and asked him to get up! We had to go to church at 9:30 since we were teaching Sunday school and we then stayed for the 11:00 service. Headed home and Dan made some yummy egg salad sandwiches and the kids went out and drew on the sidewalk with their new chalk! We then headed to the Mueller's for a good food and friendship and of course an Easter egg hunt! What a blessed day!

No comments: