The 5 Hirning's Happenings

My thoughts & happenings in the life of the Hirning's that I want to share with the world...



Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Floridian Returns to Snow







My mom flew in on Christmas and stayed with us till the 30th. Dan had some frequesnt flier miles and we were able to, basically, get her a free ticket. I know it has been awhile since my Mom has really been around snow, she likes to say she left Erie for a reason. I prayed and prayed we would have a white Christmas, not just for her but just cause I love em! Well, we got lots of snow the week before. She was so "excited" - NOT!

The kids were very excited Busia (BOO Shaw), Grandma in Polish, was coming. They don't get to see her too often. Dan built or manuevered a little bedroom downstairs for her, it actually turned out pretty cute and I told him to not take it down so some night when he is snoring I can head down there to sleep instead of the couch. It was a pretty laid back visit, we did a little shopping, a lot of eating, saw two movies (Marley & Me and The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button), played some Wii and just got to hang out.

No comments: