The 5 Hirning's Happenings

My thoughts & happenings in the life of the Hirning's that I want to share with the world...



Friday, June 11, 2010

Emily is a Freshman??




Last night Emily was promoted to high school. No more middle school for her. She looked so beautiful. Kris did up her hair. She got her eyebrows waxed for the first time. Heels. A pretty dress
I picked out even. She looked gorgeous and so grown up. She is turning into a beautiful lady - inside and out.

After their ceremony they have an 8th grade dance. I picked her up from their last night and I don't quite think she realized how emotional she would be. Hugging all these friends goodbye that won't be going to Sentinel. It was hard to watch for this Mom. I'm sentimental too. I think she may have been tiny, weeny bit sad to leave the school. That was HER school for the last 3 years.

Emily earned the Presidential Academic Excellence Award last night. Not many in their class did. It's a big deal. I hope she realizes how smart she really is, how the world is open to her and her good ideas and how she can really do something with her life. I wish her so much...

No comments: